Current VacanciesApril 15, 2019 2023-02-16 13:58
Volunteer Monetary Donation Towers Collector
Award winning charity, Together Against Cancer, are seeking a volunteer monetary donation towers collector to support our centre.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the role of a Monetary Donation Tower (MDT) Collector involves the collection of donations from a donation tower, which is a plastic tower used to collect monetary donations in retail outlets, public houses, offices, etc.
This is a key role in generating income and raising awareness of Together Against Cancer in the community.
From home, visiting various locations in Leicester & Leicestershire
Variable, 2-3 hours every 3 months
Key Volunteer Duties
The Monetary Donation Tower (MDT) Collector liaises between the Donation Tower Holder and Together Against Cancer (TAC)
- Supports the fundraising team to find new outlets for donation towers
- Removes full MDT’s and replaces with empty ones
- Counts and banks monies collected or arranges transfer of the MDT to TAC, to be agreed with TAC
- A successful DBS Check
- Numerate sufficient to cash up an MDT
- Full driving Licence and use of a car if MDT holder is not local/walking distance from volunteer home
Personal Qualities to fulfil role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, flexible, reliable and trustworthy
- Have a genuine interest in raising funds to support the work of Together Against Cancer
- Able to work on their own
- Situational awareness and alert to suspicious behaviour
- Guidance will be given by the Centre Manager to support volunteers to fulfil their role, lone working, safe handling of money, safe systems for collection of monies etc.
If you would like to apply for this position, please complete the Together Against Cancer Volunteer Application Form.